The president has this morning made Mini reshuffle in his cabinet.
In an executive order No. 3, of 2019, issued in statehouse, Cabinet secretary for Sports and culture Mr. Rashid Echesa has been fired while Ambassador Amina Mohamed who was previously heading the Education docket has been moved to the sports ministry to replace him.
Prof George Maghoha, who is the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) chairman has been nominated to head the Education docket.
Fatuma Hirsi who was the Principal Secretary, Tourism has also been sacked.
Principal secretaries who were reshuffled includes:
- Ms. Susan N. Mochache, CBS – PS Ministry of Health
- Mr. Ali Noor Ismail, CBS – PS State Department of Cooperatives
- Dr. Ibrahim M. Mohamed, CBS – PS State Department of Environment & Forestry
- Eng. Peter Kiplagat Tum, OGW – PS State Department of Labour
- Dr. Margaret Mwakima, CBS – PS State Department of East African Community Affairs (EAC)
- Dr. Susan Koech – PS State Department of Wildlife
The changes comes days after several cabinet secretaries were accused of their involvement corruption scandals.
“Cognizant of the need to better equip and orientate Government in its implementation of the Government’s Transformative Vision for a better Kenya espoused as the Big Four Agenda, which is: — a decent roof over many more headsat affordable costs, affordable healthcare for all, value addition and increase in manufacturing and jobs, and ensuring food security for all Kenyans;” Reads part of the executive order.