The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has commenced the 2021 online application for university and college placement.
The application and revision of choices by the 2020 KCSE candidates was launched by the Cabinet Secretary for Education Prof. George Magoha on May 24, 2021 and will run until June 11 2021.
According to KUCCPS, all the 2020 KCSE examination candidates are eligible to apply. “Those who selected while in school have an opportunity to revise their choices (First Revision of Choices).” Says part of the statement posted on twitter.
Grade D – or E
Artisan courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade D and D+
Certificate/Craft Courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade C and C –
Diploma courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade C+ and above
Degree courses in Public and Private Universities (2018 KCSE candidates only)
All the 2020 KCSE examination candidates are invited to apply. Those who selected while in school have an opportunity to revise their choices (First Revision of Choices).
— The Placement Service (@KUCCPS_Official) May 24, 2021
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application
How to Pay:
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.