The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has extended the deadline for online application for the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination candidates by 1 week.
The online application system was opened on February 6, 2019 for the 2018 KCSE examination candidates and other eligible Kenyan youth to apply for placement to degree, diploma, certificate or artisan courses and was scheduled to end on February 23, 2019.
In a statement on their website and social platforms, KUUCPS CEO said that the reason for deadline extension is mainly because “Some degree courses that had not been approved by the Commission for University Education (CUE) for the 2019/2020 placement have now been cleared and uploaded on the application system for students to apply for.”
“To ensure that the students have ample time to make their selection especially of these additional programmes, the Placement Service has extended the application deadline to Monday, March 4, 2019.” Added the CEO
“Those who had already applied/revised their choices but would wish to make further changes in light of the newly uploaded programmes are therefore encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity. There will be no additional charges.” He added.
Gradee D – or E
Artisan courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade D and D+
Certificate/Craft Courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade C and C –
Diploma courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
Grade C+ and above
Degree courses in Public and Private Universities (2018 KCSE candidates only)
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
APPLICATION IN HUDUMA CENTRES
The commission has also introduced application in huduma centres, those who might experience challenges during online application may access support services in new designated huduma centres across the country, Nairobi (Makadara), Eldoret, Meru, Nyeri, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nakuru, Kitui, Garissa and Mombasa.