Over twenty international TV stations will broadcast Live the INEOS 1:59 Challenge where World marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge will be running to set a new world record.
The World marathon record holder, began his first day in Vienna on Wednesday by running on the challenge course with several of his pacemakers.
The race will be broadcast live on Saturday 12 October 2019 on the following international TV channels:
- Argentina: Direct TV
- Australia: Network Seven
- Austria: ORF (Host Broadcaster / Domestic)
- Brazil: Band Sport
- France: L’Equipe 21, Canal+
- Italy: Mediaset, Fox Sports
- Kenya: Standard Group, Kenyan Broadcasting Corporation, Citizen TV, NTV
- Mexico: Marca Claro
- Netherlands: Fox Sports
- New Zealand: Sky NZ
- Norway: NRK
- Pan Africa: Mnet SuperSport, Fox Africa
- Pan Europe and Pan Asia: Eurosport
- Pan Latin America: Claro Video OTT, Claro TV
- Spain: TVE – Teledeporte, Euskal Telebista (ETB, Basque Television)
- Sub-Sahara Africa: Star Times
- UK: BBC, Sports Channel Network
- USA: NBC Sports, Nuestra vision
- Worldwide: Olympic Channel, FlowSport (minus US & Caribbean), Reuters (minus US & Caribbean)
- China: CCTV5-APP, CGTN (CCTV English News), CCTVSE TikTok acc
According to Reuters , Kipchoge’s ‘INEOS 1:59 Challenge’, would be comparable in the annals of human achievement to standing on the moon or scaling Everest for the first time.