Passengers, staff evacuated after fire breaks out at JKIA

Share

Passengers and staff were on Wednesday night evacuated after fire broke out at the JKIA.

The fire started at midnight at the Terminal 1C Check-in counters 7 and 8 according to Kenya Airports Authority (KAA).


KAA stated that the fire was caused by a baggage belt system malfunction.

“We would like to confirm that at approximately 2344HRS last night (Wednesday), we had a fire incident at JKIA. All passengers and staff at the terminal were evacuated safely and the fire contained by the airport’s fire team. No injuries were reported during the incident,” a statement by KAA reads.

They further added that the terminal will be opened soonest possible to help resume normal operations.

READ ALSO:  Flashy Nairobi businessman Kevin Obia arrested, locked up for threatening security guard at Kileleshwa

Want to place an ad here?

X